When you have lost a loved one as the result of an accident, our firm can assist you. Please contact us immediately to help preserve crucial evidence that may only be available for a short time. Oftentimes these accidents are investigated by law enforcement and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and we need to make immediate contact with any investigative agency to collect photographs, witness statements, and any findings on the cause of the accident.
A probate action must be filed appointing a personal representative to initiate the case against the party at fault. We will guide you through the entire process of your claim, taking some of the stress off you and your family in such a devastating circumstance.
The following people may be entitled to pursue a wrongful death action:
- Surviving spouse
- Next of kin in certain situations
You may be entitled to collect damages including the following:
- Medical and burial expenses
- Grief and loss of consortium of the surviving spouse
- Mental pain and anguish suffered by the deceased
- Financial loss due to loss of future earning capacity
- Grief and loss of companionship of the heirs
- Punitive damages in appropriate cases
Please allow my firm to help your family through such a critical time. We work on a contingency fee basis, and if I do not collect anything for you, you will not owe me anything. Please contact me today for a FREE initial consultation.