Oklahoma Workers’ Compensation Attorney John P. Melot is experienced in laws pertaining to on-the-job injuries, knowing how to protect you and your family.

It is imperative that you do the following immediately if you have suffered an on-the-job injury:

  1. Report the injury to your supervisor.
  2. Request an accident report to fill out.
  3. Request medical treatment from your employer.

Taking these initial steps immediately will help us to promptly obtain medical treatment and weekly compensation for you.  Please contact me for your free consultation.  There is no fee for my services unless we obtain a settlement or judgment for you in your case.  The rate is 20% plus costs associated with your successful recovery.

The world of workers’ compensation law has its own language with terminology you probably will not understand.  Some categories of compensation you may be entitled to include:

  1. Temporary Total Disability (TTD) – weekly compensation during periods you are unable to work
  2. Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) – benefits awarded if you have sustained a permanent injury
  3. Permanent Total Disability (PTD) – benefits awarded if your disability prevents you from ever returning to work
  4. Continuing Medical Maintenance (CMM) – continuing medical treatment after your permanent release
  5. Disfigurement – benefits for disfigurement of a body part
  6. Vocational Rehabilitation – re-training benefits if you are unable to return to your pre-injury employment
  7. Multiple Injury Trust Fund (MITF) – benefits to injured workers who are unable to return to work because of multiple injuries
  8. Death Benefits – benefits paid to the surviving spouse, children, and dependents
  9. Temporary Partial Disability (TPD) – partial weekly benefits if a worker is only able to work part-time

The insurance carrier is not likely to advise you of all the possible categories of benefits you are entitled to.  They will send you to the doctor of THEIR choice – one that may not be beneficial for your treatment and recovery.  By law, every injured worker is entitled to one change of physician if they are not satisfied with their medical treatment.  You will need to hire an attorney sooner rather than later to obtain the best medical treatment and to maximize your settlement.

Most employers have been well educated by the insurance companies on how to avoid paying workers’ compensation benefits.  Do not be persuaded into using your health insurance to pay for your medical treatment.  This is a common trap innocent working individuals fall into.

Workers’ Compensation includes on-the-job injuries, wrongful death due to work injury, as well as other physical injuries which were acquired while on the job.

On-the-job injuries can include: wrongful death due to work injury: back, neck, shoulder, arm, foot, leg, knee or hand injuries; traumatic brain injuries, oilfield accidents, hearing loss; disfigurement; amputation; traumatic brain injuries; vision loss; hip injuries; radiculopathy; herniated disc injuries; ruptured disc injuries; abnormal discs; torn rotator cuff injuries; carpal tunnel; torn ligaments; torn ACL or MCL; lifting injuries; crush injuries; as well as work-related back surgery; neck surgery; shoulder surgery; knee surgery; brain surgery; surgery to arms, hands, feet, legs, head, face; and any other work-related injury.

No Recovery – No Fee!